Blogging and the Three Chocolatiers

No, I promise that I haven't forgotten the blog. In fact, quite the contrary, as I have been working on it more than ever. Unfortunately, however, the two topics on which I have been working have required so much research that the blog has seemed to be stuck in its tracks. On the other hand, once the topics are finished, they will each be taking up multiple blog posts, and will keep the Patric Chocolate blog moving at a good clip.

In the mean time, I hope that all of you in the fine chocolate belt of the US--Missouri of course--will join me this Tuesday for an event called the "Three Chocolatiers." Though most of you know that I am not a chocolatier, but rather a bean-to-bar chocolate maker, I didn't dare destroy such a clever title, so for one night only, an honorary chocolatier I'll be.

I'll be doing a demo on chocolate making from the bean, with plenty of things to taste, including chocolate, nibs, and roughly ground, pre-conched chocolate. Additionally, after my demo, a true chocolatier/confectioner genius Christopher Elbow and then author Elaine Gonzalez will also be doing demonstrations. It should be a great time!

Here is information about the price and the location--it is a fundraiser by the way, done in conjunction with Les Dames D'Escoffier:
http://www.kcrestaurantguide.com/chocolatierform.pdf

Best,

Alan